Sunday, April 20, 2014
Friday, July 10, 2009 crazy505, Community Member, asks

Q: Vagina hurts and burning while urinating

my vagina burns really bad during and after i urinate. then when i leave the restroom it hurts my vagina when i sit down but the pain subsides in 3 or so minutes. what does this mean?

Answer This
Answers (1)
Paul, Community Member
7/12/09 12:09pm

You need to be seen by a doctor. This is not normal and the cause must be determined and treatment, if needed, given through the doctor. You do not say whether you are sexually active or not. If you are, it could be something as serious as Chlamydia or Gonorrhea. You don't mention any abnormal discharge and that is not always present.



Now, it may not be, the doctor will determine that, it's just that if it is, there can be serious consequences further on in your health including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), ectopic pregnancy, and infertility.


Please see a doctor and let us know how you are doing.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By crazy505, Community Member— Last Modified: 12/26/10, First Published: 07/10/09