Thursday, October 30, 2014
Sunday, May 15, 2011 Makenzie, Community Member, asks

Q: Lump on my clitoris

About two months ago, I had an infection in my clitorus from a cut I had recieved while grooming. It swelled up and was very painful. My gynecologist gave me a medication, and the infection popped and drained out about a week and a half after the apointment. The size of my clitoris is normal now, however there is a small lump on it that is slightly painful to the touch still. I was wondering if I had to go back to the gynocologist to have it removed or if it would go away on it's own eventually?

Answer This
Answers (1)
Paul, Community Member
5/18/11 4:21pm

It will probably go away with time if you took the full course of medication prescribed. But if it doesn't or become worse in size or pain, you should definitely see your gynecologist.

Answer This

We hope you find this general health information helpful. Please note however, that this Q&A is meant to support not replace the professional medical advice you receive from your doctor. No information in the Answers above is intended to diagnose or treat any condition. The views expressed in the Answers above belong to the individuals who posted them and do not necessarily reflect the views of Remedy Health Media. Remedy Health Media does not review or edit content posted by our community members, but reserves the right to remove any material it deems inappropriate.

By Makenzie, Community Member— Last Modified: 02/23/12, First Published: 05/15/11