10 Tips for Men's Sexual Health
All men want to be health and in many cases they try and take care of themselves. Many men are unaware that they can also take care of their sexual health and prevent problems before they occur.
- What Your Doctor Needs to Know About Your Sex Life Discussing your sex life with your doctor may feel awkward at first, but it’s important for your overall health. Answer the questions honestly. Remember your doctor is a medical professional, and everything you say remains between the two of you.
10 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Birth Control
When choosing birth control methods factor in your age, health, family history, relationship status, convenience, and costs. Ultimately you want to make an informed decision that works best with your lifestyle.
What They Didn't Teach You in Sex-Ed: Top 5 Pregnancy Myths Revealed
It takes two to tango. HealthCentral's expert Eileen Bailey shares five common myths about pregnancy that women AND men need to know before getting it on.
- 12 Cheap Date Ideas Romance is definitely a big part of sexual health. Having a close, connected relationship with your partner is certainly an important ingredient in having a satisfying sexual life. Unfortunately, too often married couples, especially in this economy, put off date night because of the cost of dinner, the movies or whatever you and your partner enjoy. But there are plenty of ways you can create a romantic date without spending a lot of money.
Ten Myths About Emergency Contraception
Although emergency contraception (EC) pills, often referred to as "the morning after pill," is available in many countries around the world and is accessible, without a prescription, for women over 17 years old, in the U.S. there is still a great deal of misinformation and misunderstanding of how this works. In some states, the age is even lower.
Your Brain on Sex
The birds and the bees...and your brain.
- 10 Fashion Trends that Are Bad for Your Health It has long been said that looking good can carry a hefty price tag. Sometimes this refers to the actual cost of garments and caring for oneself; in other cases, it directly refers to the health hazards that some fashion trends can cause. Here are 10 fashions to avoid.
Pregnant and Hungry? Here's What You Should Be Eating
The phrase "you are what you eat" couldn't be more accurate, especially for a mom-to-be. What you put into your body will directly affect your growing baby, so it's crucial that you eat the right foods leading up to, and during, your nine months of pregnancy.
Safe Medications to Take While Pregnant
Navigating the changes in your body during pregnancy can be tricky enough, never mind having to start thinking for two. To help ease some of that burden, here is a list of common over-the-counter medications that are safe to take during pregnancy should you need some relief!
- 10 Little Known Facts About Your Baby Ever wonder what your baby is thinking? Or what some of their odd behavior means? We may now have some idea, thanks to a slew of new brain research techniques. Let's take a look at some lesser known facts about baby cognition and what's going on behind all the gibberish and drool-filled smiles. We may want to take a few cues as adults!
Five Crazy Things Sex Does To Your Brain
Birds do it, bees do it and so do humans. But what does sex do to the human brain? A whole lot, it turns out.
10 Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone
Metabolism, muscle growth, mood regulation and cognitive function are all controlled by testosterone. Unfortunately, most men lose about 1.5 percent of their testosterone per year after the age of 30. So how can a man reverse a reduction in testosterone? Here are some natural ways.
Why Monogamy is Good for Your Health
Bachelors and bachelorettes my scoff at the word monogamy, but the truth is that it's good for your overall health. Unfortunately, men and women don't benefit from monogamy - or even marriage - equally, but it's still worthwhile to give it a shot, for more reasons than one.
- Five Things to Know About Emergency Contraception
10 Ways to Help Yourself Heal After a Break-Up
Time heals all wounds. However, when you have a broken heart, you sometimes aren’t sure if you are going to make it through the day. The following are ten ways you can help to heal your broken heart.
- Warning Signs of Low Testosterone Testosterone is the male sex hormone produced by the testes, starting in the eighth week of a fetus' life and continuing throughout a man's life. Hormone levels vary with age, peaking in early adulthood, then decreasing slightly as a man ages. But as some men age, they can experience a dramatic drop in testosterone, which can present health risks. Here are warning signs of low testosterone.
7 Causes of Low Testosterone
Testosterone is the predominant male sex hormone produced by the body. As a man ages, testosterone levels will decrease naturally; however, a steep decrease in testosterone could be the product of a more serious condition. If symptoms seem out of the ordinary, consider consulting a doctor.
9 Tips on How to Avoid Family Holiday Drama
It’s the holiday season and many couples face the dilemma of deciding where to spend the day. At your parents’ house? At your in-laws? Do you divide things up, spending a little time at each house. Or do you just stay at home. Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding how to spend the holidays.
Six Ingredients for a Healthy Relationship
In the early stages of a relationship, everything is wonderful. You want to spend every day together. You share everything and seem to spend the whole day smiling. But as the relationship develops, you may have questions about whether it is a healthy relationship or whether it is time to say good-bye. The following are six ingredients to a healthy relationship.
Top 5 Cosmetic Surgeries Performed on Men
Believe it or not, men are becoming an increasingly larger percentage of the clientele seeking cosmetic surgery. While American men may not yet be as comfortable and open to plastic surgery as their brethren in South Korea-- which has the highest number of plastic surgeries per capita--they're now receiving almost 10 percent of all cosmetic procedures in the U.S.
Common Pregnancy Myths Debunked
Pregnancy can bring many physical changes to a woman's body and mind, but are all these symptoms related to pregnant women, in fact, true? It's time to separate old wives’ tales from reality.
10 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Relationship
Our relationship with our significant other is the center of our life. It is what motivates us to get up each day, go to work and come back home at the end of the day. And yet, our relationship often is what we ignore; we allow other, less important parts of our life, to come to the forefront and push the relationship to the back burner. Here are ten things you can do right now to help make your relationship stronger and more satisfying – for both you and your partner.
How Sex Can Improve Your Health
Sex may do a lot more for you than physical pleasure - it can do anything from ward off the common cold to armor you against cancer.
5 Questions Your Teen Probably Has About Sex
The more teens know and understand about sex and safe sex practices, the better they will be able to make informed and mature decisions. Talking about sex with your teen shouldn’t stop with just one conversation, but should be a continuous discussion as teens' questions will change as they learn and experience different things. Make sure your teen knows you are available to talk.
Ten Last Minute Valentine's Date Ideas
It’s Valentine’s Day - a day to show your sweetheart how much you care. You may only have a few days left but that doesn’t mean you can’t make it a special night. The following are 10 ideas to help get you started on making this Valentine’s Day special.
The Benefits of Breastfeeding
While breastfeeding might require some effort, especially at first, its physical (and emotional) benefits are worth it.
- Nutrients for Peak Sexual Performance There are a variety of factors that contribute to a man's libido, some with the ability to boost a man’s sexual potential. But which nutrients are the most important to keeping your sex drive alive? Here are foods that can help, according to scientific studies.
Five Discoveries Moms-to-be Should Know About Their Placenta
The placenta is sort of a mysterious organ. We know that it's formed during pregnancy, that babies depend on it, and that it must be "delivered" after the birth of a child. But most of us know little else about its function in the human body or how it may affect us, even into adulthood. Here are five samples of research that offer more insight.
8 Sexual Health Symptoms Women Shouldn’t Ignore
As mothers, wives, employees, caregivers, and friends, women lead busy lives. Unfortunately, with all this running around, we sometimes ignore medical symptoms with the excuse that we just don’t have the time to get to the doctor. But here are eight symptoms women can't afford to ignore.
Five Things to Know About Your 2-Year Old
Kids are interesting little creatures, especially two-year olds. It's at this age that they start becoming independent beings and you see their personalities begin to bloom. Here are five things you can expect to happen during a child’s second year.