If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include numbness or tingling in the arms, hands, legs, or feet, a change in amount of urine, severe drowsiness/dizziness, loss of consciousness, or shallow breathing.
Due to the high alcohol content of lopinavir/ritonavir solution, children accidentally drinking the medication may have a serious, possibly fatal reaction. If a child accidentally drinks this product, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
To decrease your risk of spreading HIV disease, always use an effective barrier method (e.g., latex condoms/dental dams) during sexual activity. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.
Do not share this medication with others.
Keep all medical and laboratory appointments. Laboratory and/or medical tests (e.g., liver function, blood counts, blood cholesterol/triglyceride levels, blood sugar) should be performed from time to time to monitor your progress or check for side effects. Consult your doctor for more details.
Lopinavir/ritonavir is available in tablets, capsules and oral solution. Do not switch types of this medication without instructions on how to do so by your doctor.
Refrigerate between 36-46 degrees F (2-8 degrees C) away from light and moisture. If stored at room temperature (77 degrees F or 25 degrees C), this product should be used within 2 months. Avoid exposure to high heat. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.