It’s the holidays and that means parties. Despite the late nights, there are times you still want to look your best in the morning. Puffy eyes, dark circles under your eyes, and a dull complexion all give away your late night adventures. But, with a little extra care, you can camouflage the imperfections. Use the following makeup tips to look your best the next morning.
- Drink plenty of water. If you know you are going to have some drinks, start drinking extra water before you even head out to the party. Keeping your skin hydrated is the best defense against looking worn out the next morning.
- Wash your face and apply moisturizer before going to bed. You might be exhausted and ready to flop into sleep but you'll be thankful the next morning if you take a few minutes to wash off the makeup and dirt and moisturize your skin.
- Drink even more water before going to bed. Try to drink at least 16 ounces of water before you go to sleep. When you wake up, drink water again. The more you stay hydrated, the better your skin will look.
- In the morning, run an ice cube over your eyes and face. The ice will help minimize puffiness and inflammation and stimulate circulation. You don’t want to keep the ice on your face long enough to cause irritation. Some people find that applying cool tea bags or cucumbers on their eyes for about 15 minutes helps to reduce the puffiness.
- Use eye drops to get rid of any redness.
- Rinse your face with cool water and apply moisturizer, paying attention to the area under the eyes.
- When applying makeup, use a base primer first.
- Use concealer that is lighter than your skin tone to hide the dark circles. Green toned concealers help to hide redness of the skin and help cover pimples. Yellow toned concealer hide the blueness of the dark circles. Peach toned concealer works on both red and blue tinges. Apply the concealer in dots around your entire eye, including your eyelids. Press the concealer onto the skin, rubbing it in will make wrinkles more visible.
- Follow up with a light foundation. You don’t want anything too heavy; a light powder can help create a fresh look.
- Skip the eyeliner as this can make dark circles more noticeable. Instead, use white eye shadow on the inner corners of your eyes to make them look brighter.
- If applying eye shadow, use a light, shimmery color. Dark colors will make you look tired and will accentuate the dark circles. Using a light color will brighten your eyes. You can try applying eye shadow to only your brow bones and the inner corners of your eyes to make them look bigger.
- Curl your eyelashes. This helps you look more awake.
- Use blush to brighten your face and put on a light lipstick. If you are using a dark colored blush, use light lipstick. Pairing a bright blush and lipstick will highlight your pale complexion.
- Remember to keep drinking water throughout the day.
While the best way to not look as if you stayed up all night partying is to stick to one or two drinks and head home in time to get a good night’s sleep, on those nights when the party lasts well into the morning, these makeup tricks can help you look as if you went home at a reasonable time.
Published On: December 16, 2014