A few weeks ago I noticed a few red bumps on my leg and assumed they were mosquito bites. A few days later, there were about 15 bumps. They have turned hard, itch and are sore to the touch. Lanocane helps stop the itching but the bumps are not going away. Should I see a doctor?
I am not a medical professional and would not be able to give you medical advice. It is also impossible to say with any certainty what could be causing this rash. I would suggest contacting your doctor and if necessary, a dermatologist.
However, in the meantime, here are some possible causes:
Allergic reaction: You could have an allergic reaction to a food you have eaten. Allergic reactions can appear even if you have eaten the food before and not had a reaction.
Poison ivy or allergic reaction to a plant: While poison ivy doesn't spread, if you scratch it and then scratch somewhere else on your body you can bring the rash from place to place.
There are also a number of bug bites which can look like a rash, including bed bugs, fleas and mites.
Rashes can be caused by a number of things, including stress, bacterial infections, fungal infections or as a side effect of medication. You should contact your doctor if your rash doesn’t go away within a few days or if you are experiencing any other symptoms, such as body aches or fever.
I developed a rash just like this about a week ago. I thought at first it was fleas, but flea season in southeastern Michigan is in only April and the bumps are not in the typical flea pattern (usually they concentrate on my ankles and tops of my feet and there are small clusters of bites, the ones I have are scattered everywhere). I thought it may be scabies, but there are no track marks or burrowing holes and I don't have the bumps in the webs of my fingers. I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me it was from some kind of food allergy, that was all. Now I have to figure out what I'm suddenly allergic to and/or what I was exposed to over a week ago that caused this reaction. The little bumps that look like insect bites are all over my legs, thighs, waistline, buttocks, and inside of my forearms (none on my back, chest, throat, face, or webs of my fingers). The rash has produced a relentless and very intense itching and I have woken up scratching myself so much that I have bled. I had some kind of steroid shot at the doctor's office, but that did not help relieve the itching at all. I put hydrocortisone creme on the rash and that has helped (along with cold showers), but I feel like this isn't going to go away anytime soon. It seems to get worse when I stress out about stuff and it being the holidays, I sure do have a lot to stress out about. I am in so much pain and discomfort and my skin feels like it is on fire sometimes. It's driving me bonkers!!! What the hell could this be?!
Well I've experienced the same only after time. I have tried to get rid of the itching but it seems to make the bump big and red and then turns into a scab. They also seem to reproduce in the same area. The Dr said it was MRSA but after researching the pics they don't resemble anything that I have on my skin.They sorta seem like bed bug bites but I've tuned the place upside down and have not found anything. I have been told if it were bed bugs that I should be able to see signs under the mattress such as bug feces, nests, and bug skeleton which have not been apparent. I went to the doctor today and he wrote out a prescription for ointment and antibiotic to see if this will help. Currently reside in Indianapolis, IN
i am experianceing the same thing doctor told me it was poison ivy but im not sure if that is correct took treatment for it and seem to get better but never completely gone treatment is over but still have the bumps and new ones keep appearing
I have developed the same exact thing and I am not sure still what it is but I'm currently soaking cotton balls in apple cider vinegar and duct taping them to my legs! Yes, I am a little crazy, but it seems to help a bunch with the itching - now it's just a slight burn.
I did this for 24 hours and took the tape/cotton balls off to see how it did and one of the areas has totally healed. I have heard many great things about the healing effects of acv and will be trying this again to see if any other of the areas clear up. Hope you find some relief from this.
I know exactly what you mean. Mine started out being like a cluster of red bumps under my armpit and then it moved to my upperarm and then my breasts and then my belly and lower back. and now they are on my legs too. They look like small insect bites but I know they are not that. As far as I know, I'm not allergic to anything. They itch like crazy. I've also woken up scratching so much that I bled. This has been on for a month now. They still haven't cleared up. They appear to get worse. I really hope they are not anything serious
Scabies. Those are all the classic symptoms. Research that. I've had them, and it took me 3 months before I figured it out and I was so miserable I cried every day and lost way too much sleep. Don't be naive! Go to a dermatologist and suggest that, because it can be misdiagnosed. My doctors didn't believe me that it was scabies, but they gave me treatment and I got better right away [in the average time it takes to heal].
My younger sister and I both have hives, my mom did some reaseach a while ago and it's because we're Asain. I just started breakking out in them not too long ago.
Could you have come in contact with any children or animals with fleas or scabies perhaps? This sounds like a parasitic infestation that is typically only curable by an antiparasitics. Some of which are over the counter but I would consult with your primary care provider first before experimenting. Good luck.