- 11 Ways to Keep Skin Looking Youthful
- Identifying 8 Common Bug Bites A look at 8 common insects and the signs and symptoms of their bites.
- 5 Myths about Acne Turns out that what you thought you knew about acne may not be true! It is time to clear up the confusion and find out what is real and what is a myth.
6 Foods for Healthy and Beautiful Skin
A healthy diet can give you healthy skin - here are some great foods to help you and your skin!
- 10 Things Kim Kardashian Needs to Know about Psoriasis In the July 24 episode of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" Kim Kardashian learned that she had psoriasis, a skin condition her mother also has. Here are 10 things to know about psoriasis.
- 8 Natural Ways to Treat Acne Eight easy, natural remedies for acne.
Top 10 Ways to Live with Psoriasis
If you've been diagnosed with psoriasis, your doctor may have told you that it's a chronic, life-long skin condition. While there's no cure for psoriasis, it's possible to live well despite your skin condition.
- What Your Doctor Wishes You Knew about Psoriasis Management The relationship you have with your dermatologist is an important one when you've got a chronic disease like psoriasis. While you may go months without seeing your doctor, a flare or other change in your health could mean more frequent visits to discuss treatment options. Here are the things that your dermatologist wants you to know about managing your condition.
- The 5 Types of Psoriasis Psoriasis can appear in a number of forms, the most common being plaque psoriasis. Read on to learn all about the various types of this skin condition.
- 4 Ways to Beat Body Acne Body acne is not uncommon, especially in the summer. Between jumping into chlorinated pools, lying on salty, sandy beaches, and sweating on the sidewalk, it's surprising that we make it to September without more skin problems. Read on for ways to keep your skin clear from head to toe.
6 Strategies for Taming Teenage Acne
Is your son or daughter struggling with teenage acne? Check out Dr. Hema Sundaram's clear skin strategies.
12 Tips for Getting a Tattoo
If you are planning a trip to your local professional tattoo artist, here are some general suggestions you might make note of when preparing for your new work.
- Top 10 Winter Skin Tips During the winter, it's easy to forget to take good care of your skin. The cold temperature and winter winds brings excess dryness in the air. Many people suffer from dry, flakely skin skin during the winter due to. Eczema is prone to flaring in the cold season.
Plastic surgery can be painful and costly. Before going under the knife, consider these anti-aging tips for looking your best without breaking the bank.
- Top 10 Skin Care Myths Revealed
10 Ways to Make Your Skin Beautiful
Your skin can tell l a lot about your health. It can reveal how well hydrated you are, whether you're eating a healthy diet, and if you're getting enough sun. Here are ten tips on how to optimize your health and beauty.
Is This Rash Poison Ivy?
Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac are skin irritants. If you're outside in nature, be aware of these plants. Here are facts on how to avoid, detect, and treat poison ivy.
Six Foods That May Fight Psoriasis
People with psoriasis react differently to dietary changes, just as they can react differently to medical treatments. But many individuals have reported success with changes in their diet. Read on for information on some of the most talked-about foods in the psoriasis community.
- 8 Things I Wish I'd Known About Psoriasis Eight readers reveal what they wish they'd known about managing psoriasis.
- Life With Psoriasis: Handling Rude Comments With Grace It can be hard to know how to handle hurtful comments about your psoriasis. Read on for advice on knowing when to address comments and when to ignore them.
How to Wash Your Face
I know, you have been washing your face most of your life, all by yourself and are pretty sure you know how to do it. But to best take care of your skin and keep it healthy, the following steps to washing your face can help.
- 6 Unusual Psoriasis Triggers Six psoriasis patients discuss the triggers they found most surprising.
- 6 Psoriasis Soothers From Your Kitchen Cupboards
6 Ways to Cope With the Stigma of Psoriasis
It can be easy to let people's comments or curiosity get you down, but there are ways to protect yourself from self consciousness brought on by the stigma of psoriasis.
- 6 Strange Skin Spots, Explained
5 Unusual Uses of Botox
Botox, or Botulinum toxin type A, has been touted as a miracle anti-aging product that knocks out wrinkles, fine lines and furrowed brows. But there are many other on-and off-label uses of Botox that you might not know about. Here are some of the more unusual.
7 Non-Invasive Beauty Treatments
Cosmetic dermatology offers an array of anti-aging tools and treatments for the face and body that you may not know about. Though they come with a hefty price tag, several procedures may help you avoid going under the knife. Here are some of the most popular.
- What We Learned This Week: September 28th, 2012 Enjoy HealthCentral's picks of five interesting, thrilling, frightening and amusing health stories we found this week.
5 Crazy Skin Care Products
More and more cosmetic products containing strange ingredients are popping up--usually at very high prices. Here are some of the more bizarre examples.
6 Ways to Treat Male Baldness
Balding is a sensitive sign of aging for men, which makes new treatments particularly exciting for those who are dealing with male pattern baldness. Here are the latest treatments in preventing and treating hair loss.
- 5 Advances in Wound Healing Since the skin is the largest organ in our body, it makes sense that researchers are working to find better ways to protect and heal it. Here are a few of the most interesting recent advances in wound healing and skin protection.
5 Reasons to See a Dermatologist
Dermatologists are trained medical specialists who deal with conditions affecting the skin, hair and nails. There are many reasons you may want to see a dermatologist, but here are the five most common.
5 Tips for Bathing Your Newborn
Parents of a newborn may be unsure of the best bathing technique and skin care regimen for their child. Here are tips from an article published in the International Journal of Dermatology.
Common Reasons for Hair Loss in Women
Often thought of as just a male disease, hair loss in women accounts for about 40 percent of the hair loss cases in the U.S. While it’s generally acceptable for men to experience hair loss, that’s not the case for women. Here are the most common causes of hair loss in women and how each condition could be treated.
6 Facts About Rosacea
Rosacea is a long-term condition that affects the skin and, in some cases, the eyes. Although rosacea is not dangerous, it should be treated as soon as possible to improve appearance.
5 Possible Causes of Rosacea
Currently, scientists do not know what causes rosacea, although research has pointed to certain possibilities. Here are some things that might contribute to the condition.
5 Ways Rosacea Affects Quality of Life
Rosacea is a long-term condition that affects a person’s appearance. But its impact can go beyond that. Here are five ways in which in can reduce a person’s quality of life.
5 Reasons to Be Wary of Nail Salons
Getting a manicure and pedicure can be a relaxing treat, but you want to be careful about where you go. Making sure the tools are sanitary is the key to having a good experience. But here are some of the problems that can arise.
6 Toxins Found in Your Cosmetics
Makeup and other cosmetics can make you feel fresh and put together, but you may not know that some chemicals found in these products can be potentially harmful to your health. Here are the biggest culprits.
- 11 Skin Care Tips for Athletes Playing on a team, running, swimming, biking are all great ways to stay physically fit and keep yourself healthy. But these, as with all sports create special needs for your skin. The following are tips for making sure you take great care of your skin while enjoying the many benefits of being physically active.
10 Tips for Skin Care While on Vacation
Millions of Americans will be hitting the road over the next couple of months, traveling to see family, head to the beach or spend a week camping. Vacation time, no matter where you are heading, brings with it some special skin care needs. Sometimes, it may be impossible to carry all of your normal skin care products with you or you might not be able to do your daily skin care regimen.
6 Ways Your Skin Changes During Pregnancy
The hormonal changes that take place inside a woman's body during pregnancy may often show their effects on the skin (Think back to puberty.). Here are six ways pregnancy may change your skin and what you can do about it.