- How Much Do You Know About Sleep Disorders? According to the National Institute of Health as many as 74 million people in the U.S. experience sleep disorders.How much sleep do you really need? Do you need less sleep as you age? Is snoring only a guy problem? Let's see how savvy you are on sleep facts.
- How Much Do You Know About Sleepwalking? A new study from Stanford University School of Medicine have found some interesting facts about sleepwalking. Take the quiz to see if you know your facts!
- Is Your Lifestyle Causing 'Social Jet Lag?' Social Jet Lag is a term used to describe the descrepency between the body clock, for instance, when our bodies are programmed to sleep and wake, and our social lives. People are becoming more prone to sleep debt, as we get less sleep, which is not only causing fatigue, but other health concerns, such as obesity.
Do You Know How to Get Quality Sleep?
Sleep disorders can be very disruptive to your quality of life, but there are some easy ways to get better sleep. Do you know what to do?
- How much do you know about narcolepsy? Narcolepsy is a chronic disorder that is characterized by the brain’s inability to control sleep-wake cycles. Although narcolepsy is not a rare condition, it is underdiagnosed and not well recognized.
- Is Your Diet Making You Tired? According to a recent study, what you eat could be affecting how alert you are during the day. See if your diet is a culprit.
Could you have sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea can be dangerous because it is associated with serious health conditions, such as heart disease. See if you have any of the signs or symptoms.
How Much Do You Know About Restless Legs Syndrome?
Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) can present in different ways, but is typically associated with pain, tingling, burning in the limbs or an insatiable urge to move your legs. See how much you know.