HealthCentral emboldens each of us to take daily steps to live healthier lives, no matter our starting point. Our focus is on people and their stories, whether they’re living with chronic health conditions, supporting someone who is, or are health care providers engaged in clinical care. We believe there’s no better guide than someone who has walked in our shoes and that intimate, revealing personal stories can inspire positive, sometimes lifesaving, health changes: at home, at the doctor’s office, at work, and in our communities. Armed with the latest medical knowledge and our own collective wisdom, we navigate life’s inevitable health challenges together and with confidence.
We deliver health information through:
- Personal Stories
- Collective Wisdom
- Inspiration & Action
- Expert Guidance
A Powerful Platform
HealthCentral’s award-winning website, narrative storytelling, and social communities go beyond lists of symptoms and treatments to also answer the other health questions that keep you up at night. You’ll find out how others before you have approached romance and friendships post-diagnosis; learn how to advocate for yourself at the doctor’s office; discover helpful hints and hacks that can help you manage #ChronicLife at work and play; and find out how to speak up for your community to battle stigma and improve your quality of life.
Powered by our passionate team of seasoned health journalists and videographers, beloved patient advocates, and respected medical professionals, HealthCentral proudly carries on its heritage of meeting people where they’re at with their health and wellness to help them blaze their own bold path forward.
- Our Live Bold, Live Now storytelling initiative recognizes everyday heroes who inspire as they navigate life with chronic health conditions, from psoriasis and chronic hives to non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and multiple myeloma
- Our thriving Facebook communities offer advice and insights from patient ambassadors who’ve walked your same path through life with multiple sclerosis, psoriatic disease, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and mental health disorders
- Have a question? Ask HealthCentral. Our Ask a Question feature lets you ask medical experts and fellow patients for the lowdown on managing a healthy lifestyle with chronic conditions
- Our caregiving column Candid Caregiver provides hard-earned wisdom from those who’ve cared for elders, for loved ones through cancer treatment, and for one another through lifelong chronic illness
- Our free newsletters bring you expert advice and the latest lifestyle trends from HealthCentral’s award-winning team of contributing writers, many of whom live with one or more chronic health conditions and love to share their knowledge
- We’re committed to covering the emerging needs of cancer survivors. From heart health to fertility preservation to managing relationships after the storm, our experts share the tips you need to navigate the emotional and physical challenges of survivorship
We’re glad you’re here. And we’d love to hear from you. Share your story. You just never know who you will inspire to live bold.
Awards and Recognition for HealthCentral
- MM&M Awards, Silver, Best Healthcare Consumer Brand
- W3 Awards, Best in Show, Online Video Interview for Thriving With Multiple Myeloma
- W3 Awards, Silver, Videography/Cinematography for Traci Martin: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis
- PM360 ELITE Patient Advocate Award, Mike Veny, HealthCentral Mental Health Social Ambassador
- PM360 ELITE Patient Advocate Award, Lisa Emrich, HealthCentral Multiple Sclerosis Social Ambassador
- MM&M Awards, Gold, Best Healthcare Consumer Media Brand
- PM360 ELITE Patient Advocate Award, Lene Andersen, HealthCentral Rheumatoid Arthritis Social Ambassador