2016 has been a great year for MSHealthCentral. We started an MS Facebook page that has a growing community. HealthCentral received recognition for Live Bold Live Now, a campaign that includes The Big Picture, which features 23 creative people with MS who live beyond their disease.
Our 2016 annual review includes links to more than 70 articles posted this year that have discussed coping with MS, diet, exercise, lifestyle, aging, relationships, family planning, self-advocacy, diagnosis and testing for MS, advanced MS, research, and disease-modifying therapies.
Coping with MS
- MS Doesn't Take a Holiday
- Build Confidence and Foster a ‘Can Do’ Spirit to Fight MS
- Why Do I Startle So Easily and Sounds Are Too Loud?
- 12 Ways to Manage Sensory Overload
- The Many Ways MS Can Mess with Your Sleep
- Living with MS: How Do I Manage Limitations?
- Tips on How to Manage Your MS in Hot Weather
- Keeping Your Cool as an Athlete with MS
Diet and MS
- MS Diet and Nutritional Approaches to Treatment
- The Gut and MS: Why What You Eat Matters
- Can Diet Stop the Progression of MS?
- Diet That Mimics Fasting May Reduce MS Symptoms
- Low-fat Vegan Diet May Reduce Fatigue But Doesn’t Slow Down MS
Exercise, Mobility, and MS Symptoms
- Should Doctors Talk More About Exercise to MS Patients?
- Six Ways To Improve Walking Speed and Performance
- Walking Downhill Helps to Improve MS Symptoms
- 10 Things You Need to Know About MS and Exercise
- 7 Best Exercises for Living Better with Multiple Sclerosis (INFOGRAPHIC)
- Reducing Falls in MS
- Benefits of Adaptive Yoga for Multiple Sclerosis
- Clinical Pilates Improves Cognitive Function and Quality of Life in People with MS
Lifestyle Risks and MS
- Lifestyle Choices Associated With Less MS Disability and Fewer Relapses
- Could Drinking Coffee Reduce MS Risk?
- Is There Really a Connection Between Smoking and MS?
Relationships and MS
Pregnancy and MS
MS Care and Self-Advocacy
- Should You See An MS Specialist?
- How to Find a New Neurologist
- 10 Things to Expect at Your MS Neurologic Exam
- What is a Health Advocate?
- The Evolution of My MS
- Why I am a “Noncompliant” Patient
- Do I Need to See a Urologist for MS?
Diagnosis and Testing for MS
- How Long Does It Take To Be Diagnosed With MS?
- Evoked Potential Tests: How Are They Used In MS?
- Do I Need A Spinal Tap To Diagnose MS?
- Problems with Misdiagnosis of MS: But I Have ALL the Symptoms of MS!!
- The Stages of Adjusting to a Diagnosis of MS
MRIs and MS
- What It’s Like to Have an MRI Test for MS
- Why Do I Need To Get Another MRI Scan?
- New Way to Evaluate MRI Scans May Lead to Faster MS Diagnosis
- 'No Evidence of Disease Activity' in MS: What is NEDA, Anyway?
- Why Don’t My Lesions Match My MS Symptoms?
- Brain Atrophy, Pseudoatrophy, and Multiple Sclerosis
Aging and MS
- Healthy Aging With Multiple Sclerosis
- The Effect of Aging on Multiple Sclerosis
- Disease Comorbidity and Age-Related Changes in MS
- What Is Advanced MS?
- Living with Advanced MS: Respiratory Care
- The Impact of Caregiver Fatigue in MS
- When Should You Consider Nursing Home Care?
- Living with Advanced MS: Improving End-of-Life Care
Treatments for MS
- What is Benign MS and How Is It Treated?
- Aggressive MS Needs Early Aggressive Treatment
- Is Stem Cell Therapy a ‘Cure’ for MS?
- What You Need to Know About Zinbryta
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to Treatment for Primary Progressive MS
- Are the Side-Effects of Steroids as Bad as MS Symptoms?
- High-dose Biotin as Treatment for Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
Additional MS Research
- MS and Vitamin D Deficiency
- Men Experience MS Differently Than Women Do
- Lymphoma May Be Confused For Multiple Sclerosis
- Annual Flu Vaccine, MS, and MS Medications
MS Campaigns and Profiles of Amazing MSers
- “No superhero roles for me,” says Actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler Who Lives With MS
- Modern-Day Wonder Woman: A Profile of Lisa Fritsch
- Profile in Courage: Cory Martin
- Thank Your MS Support Hero During MS Awareness Month
- Introducing Mary Pettigrew, Our Newest MS Social Ambassador