This list of questions will help you get the vital information about your treatment plan and medications. Make sure you add your own to the list before you go!
To stay in control of your treatment and your health it's important that you prepare for your visits with your doctor by figuring out the information you want to have when you leave her office--before you even get there. Before your appointment, sit down and write up a list of questions you want to ask. It's easier than trying to think of questions while you're there, and this will ensure that you won't forget your questions or your doctor's answers. Some questions you might want to ask are:
• How long will it take for me to feel improvement on this medication?
• If I'm taking more than one drug, when and how often should I take each one?
• What are the side effects of the medication? How long should I "wait out" any side effects before calling you?
• Are there other medications or food that I should avoid while taking this medication?
• How long do you expect me to be on this medication?
• What do you consider an emergency if I have to call you after hours?
• How often will I be seeing you until the medication take effect?