8 Reasons to try Mindfulness
- There are no negative implications associated with the practice of Mindfulness. It is increasingly being adopted as an effective health strategy, known for its ability to soothe and heal the mind and is as effective for young people as it is older.
- Mindfulness helps us to gain perspective over our thoughts as transitory mental events. This tells us that our thoughts and beliefs aren’t necessarily the truths we may have come to see them as.
- Mindfulness gives us a helpful break from the endless chatter and intrusion of everyday thoughts yet allows us to stay fully aware of our environments and all the events that are happening at the time.
- Mindfulness helps us to connect with our world. So much of our time is down to routine habits and conditioning that we barely notice what we are doing.
- Mindfulness helps us to accept certain things for what they are and can provide the means for interrupting trains of thought that might result in a downward spiral towards depression.
- Mindfulness helps us to gain greater acceptance of our emotions and recover from low moods more quickly. Over time less distress experienced because less frequent negative thoughts arise.
- Mindfulness has a calming emotional effect that results in higher self-esteem and less need to look outside of ourselves for reassurance. With this comes a greater sense of personal control and less inclination to act on impulse.
- Mindfulness is a recognized strategy for stress reduction and for reversing the effects of chronic stress and helps us respond to stress in a more reflective fashion rather than simply attempting to ignore or looking for ways to deflect the pain.
See More Helpful Articles