Does someone you love live with arthritis pain? Here are some holiday gift ideas for anyone who has arthritis anywhere from head to toe.
- Trekking Poles (for feet, ankles, knees, hips, low back arthritis): For someone who has arthritis in the lower half of the body, she/he could benefit from the use of trekking poles. Using either one or two poles while walking can greatly reduce the stress on an arthritic joint.
- Reacher or Grabber (for shoulder, hip, low back arthritis): Grabbing an item above or below the waist can be painful if arthritis afflicts certain joints. As an extension of a hand, these handy tools help one to reach out without hurting oneself.
- Oxo Jar Opener (for shoulders, elbows, wrist, hand arthritis): People with arthritis in the upper limb have a great deal of trouble opening jars or containers without asking for help. Well this device works like a charm and will charm the one you love who experiences these difficulties.
- Paraffin Wax Home Unit (for hand, wrist arthritis): The warmth of heated paraffin wax can help to soothe away joint pain in the hand and wrist. These units are easy to use and relatively inexpensive compared with going to a hand therapist to have the same treatment.
- Scarf (for neck arthritis): Speaking of keeping arthritis joints warm, a nice scarf can help someone that has arthritis in the neck. Cashmere is always a favorite choice.
- Tempur-Pedic Pillow (for neck, shoulder shoulder): A good supportive pillow is a luxury item that most people will not buy for themselves, but is really essential if someone has arthritis in the neck and shoulder.
- Massage Gift Certificate (Arthritis Anywhere): The healing power of a good massage can benefit someone living with chronic pain. Soothing touch helps to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Biofreeze Topical (Arthritis Anywhere): Many topical lotions used to treat painful joints are on the market. This particular one seems to be well liked by many of my clients.
- Mediterranean Fresh by Joyce Goldstein (Arthritis Anywhere): The pain and inflammation caused by arthritis can be relieved by eating a diet that contains many fresh, whole vegetables, fruits, and grains. This cookbook can become a cornerstone for a healthier way to eat following an Anti-Inflammatory diet.
- Supplement Gift Basket (Anywhere): You can also put together a gift basket that contains: turmeric spice, Fish Oil tablets, Glucosamine/Chondroitin Tablets, Flax Seed Oil, and Green Tea. All of which are known to help reduce inflammation and pain.
Published On: Dec 11th 2012