The aura is the second potential phase of a Migraine with aura attack (previously called Classic Migraine). May present with varying symptoms including:
• visual aura in which the patient sees flashing lights or zigzag lines, or may temporarily lose vision.
• auditory aura in which the patient hears unusual sounds
• olfactory aura in which the patient smells odors that aren't actually present
• tingling or numbness of the face or extremities on the side where the headache develops
• hypersensitivity to feel and touch (allodynia)
You can read more about aura in Anatomy of a Migraine and Migraine with Aura - The Basics.
Follow me on or