I think we can all agree that living with migraine disease would be easier if more people understood both migraine and those of us who live with the disease. The American Headache Society (AHS) and the American Migraine Foundation (AMF) have announced an event that represents a remarkable opportunity for each of us to work toward that understanding
The Migraine Moment Contest, a short film competition, is now open for entries. In announcing the contest, the AHS and AMF said:
“The competition is designed to convey many powerful and complex ideas about migraine and people with migraine – the pain and burden of course, but also the struggles and triumphs in finding relief and help from treatments and doctors, family and friends. Who better to offer strategies and tips to those with migraine than sufferers themselves?”
Entries can be in the form of video, music videos, animation, simulations and visualizations (collectively referred to herein as “videos”). The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada. However, the Contest is void where prohibited by law.
To qualify for the Contest, each submission must:
- Be a complete finished work
- Be uploaded at final resolution at time of entry
- Video and audio content must be your own
- Films shall be no more than 5 minutes in length
- Can be works of fiction, animation, or documentary in content
- Meet the Official Contest Rules listed herein
- Winners must grant the Sponsor a perpetual royalty-free worldwide license to publish/display submitted video content on any of Sponsor’s websites or social media accounts
- Contestants will retain all other rights to their work
- Entries accepted over a 7 month period between September 1, 2015 to April 1, 2016.
First place will receive $2,500; second place $1,000; and third place $500. Additionally, the Contestant submitting the “best picture” will be awarded travel/hotel to come to the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles to present their work on Friday, June 24, 2016 at 9:00am during the American Headache Society’s 58th Annual Scientific Meeting. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
How to Enter
- Complete the online submission form.
- Upload your Video to your YouTube channel.
- Indicate your agreement with the Legal Terms and Conditions by clicking on the acceptance on the second page of the online submission form.
- Submissions must be uploaded by 11:59:00PM EDT on Friday, April 1, 2016.
For more information on the Migraine Moment Short Film Competition, see the information page on the AMF site.
Let’s Do ThisThis is a truly spectacular opportunity for each of us to creatively express ourselves about migraine and living with migraine. Since the entry deadline is April 1, 2016, we have quite a bit of time, but don’t wait until the last minute to start. I’d love to see lots of entries from our HealthCentral migraine community, so turn on your imagination, and start envisioning your video!
Teri Robert is a leading patient educator and advocate and the author of Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches. A co-founder of the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy and the American Headache and Migraine Association, she received the National Headache Foundation’s Patient Partners Award and a Distinguished Service Award from the American Headache Society. Teri can be found on her website, and blog, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+.