Greek Frittata with Spinach
A serving of this delicious egg dish will give you the protein you need to help power you through your day.
This recipe serves: 6
3 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups spinach, washed, tough stems removed
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
4 large eggs
6 large egg whites
1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
2 teaspoons fresh, chopped oregano
1/2 cup chopped onions
6 small potatoes, cooked and halved
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper. Toss quickly until leaves are barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs, egg whites, cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
3. In an 8-inch or 10-inch ovenproof, nonstick skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Turn the heat to low, and add the spinach and halved potatoes (cut side down).
5. Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
6. Place the skillet under the broiler for 30 to 45 seconds to finish cooking the top of the frittata.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Number of Servings: 6
Carbohydrate 18 g
Fat 6 g
Fiber 2 g
Protein 15 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 508 mg