Im Having Scalp Pain In One Spot And Its Tender


Asked by keisha

Im Having Scalp Pain In One Spot And Its Tender

Hi, my name is Keisha and I am having tenderness and pain in one spot on my scalp. I would like to know what it is because I am starting to think something's wrong. I did go to the doctor about the problem and he said it's nothing. In one spot in my scalp I have tenderness and pain. Can you please help me find out what this is please? thank you



Welcome to MyMigraineConnection!

Some people experience a symptom called Allodynia, which can account for what you describe.

However, nobody can diagnose via the Internet. The only person who can really answer your question is a doctor who can review your and your family's medical history, discuss your symptoms with you, and conduct a complete examination.

If your doctor can't help, ask for a referral to a neurologist.

You don't mention if you have Migraines or another headache disorder., If you do, and your doctor isn't able to help, it may well be time to consult a Migraine and headache specialist. It's important to note that neurologists aren't necessarily Migraine and headache specialists. Take a look at the article Migraine and Headache Specialists - What's So Special? If you need help finding a Migraine specialist, check our listing of Patient Recommended Migraine and Headache Specialists.

Please keep me posted?

Welcome again,


You should know: The answer above provides general health information that is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment recommendations from a qualified healthcare professional.