There Are 'High Puss Cells' in My Husband's Semen. Can You Help?


Asked by LHT

High Puss Cells In My Husbands Semen, Unable To Get Pregnant, Help Please...

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a year now but haven't been able to :( I have been to an expert gynecologist and have taken a couple of prescriptions and tests. The doctor says that my results are normal, but there are high puss cells in my husband's semen and low motility and mobility of sperms. He was also prescribed some strong antibiotics and the gyna told him that the puss cells will disappear in time... However, it has now been four months after he took those antibiotics and I have still not conceived. I am really disappointd and I guess I am starting to get depressed... :'( What can I do? Would appreciate some useful advice. Thanks


Thank you for your question.

I am not a medical professional and cannot give you medical advice.

Most experts believe that if you haven't gotten pregnant within a year, you should consult a doctor. Although I realize you have been trying for over a year, you have only been trying for four months since your husband's treatment. You may just need to give this some time.

However, your doctor should be able to talk to you further about whether based on your husband's condition and sperm's lack of mobility this would cause more problems getting pregnant. Your doctor should also be able to give you options for how you can increase your chances of getting pregnant.


You should know: The answer above provides general health information that is not intended to replace medical advice or treatment recommendations from a qualified healthcare professional.