Home Treatment For Reaction To Hair Dye?


Asked by Jon

Home Treatment For Reaction To Hair Dye?

My wife recieved blisters and swelling from hair dye. Is there a home treatment to help?



As some of the other members have pointed out, what type of hair treatment she was using is very important. I am not a doctor and can't diagnose her over the internet, but I would think the first concern would be to make sure all of the dyes/chemical have been rinsed out and that the skin/hair is clean. Depending on the type of reaction, some type of Neosporin might help, but if she is in considerable pain, I would suggest visiting your physician or a dermatologist.

Did the sores heal quickly, or did they take quite a while? Did you ever find out what was in the dye that caused her injuries?

Best of luck,


A Rash or Skin Allergies?

Let's Talk Pain Meds