Migraine Moment Short Film Contest Deadline Approaching
We often talk about sharing about migraine in order to educate people who don't understand, to support each other, and to reduce the social stigma associated with migraine disease. Now we have an opportunity to share in a creative way and reach a large audience.
The American Headache Society (AHS), American Migraine Foundation (AMF - the charitable division of the AHS), and American Headache and Migraine Association (AHMA - the patient branch of the AHS) are sponsoring their 1st Annual Short Film Competition, the Migraine Moment Contest. The competition is designed to convey many powerful and complex ideas about migraine and people with migraine – the pain and burden of course, but also the struggles and triumphs in finding relief and help from treatments and doctors, family and friends. Who better to offer strategies and tips to those with migraine than sufferers themselves?
Entries can be in the form of video, music videos, animation, simulations and visualizations (collectively referred to herein as “videos”). The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada. However, the contest is void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter:
- Complete the online submission form.
- Upload your Video to your YouTube channel.
- Indicate your agreement with the Legal Terms and Conditions by clicking on the acceptance on the second page of the online submission form.
- Submissions must be uploaded by 11:59:00PM EDT on Friday, April 1, 2016.
- First place will receive $2,500;
- second place $1,000; and
- third place $500.
- Additionally, the contestant submitting the “best picture” will be awarded travel/hotel to come to the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina in San Diego, California to present their work on Friday, June 10, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. during the American Headache Society's 58th Annual Scientific Meeting. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
For more information, please visit the Short Film Competition web page.
Ready, Set, CreateYou still have a few weeks to go to the April 1 deadline, but don't wait to get started. This is a creative, fun, and exciting way to share our "Migraine Moment." I can't wait to meet the winner in San Diego on June 10!