WinkHere’s my recipe for a protein bar that’s “to-die-for.” They’re really, really GOOD - much better tasting and so much cheaper than the protein bars you buy off-the-shelf. Plus, they’re packed with protein and low in carbs by a 2:1 ratio. Compare that to the bars you’re buying and I guarantee that you’ll find nothing like it.
OMG! Almond Joy Protein Bangredients
- 1 square unsweetened Baker’s chocolate
- 2 Tbls. Butter
- 2 Tbls. heavy cream
- 3 packets of Stevia*
- 3 scoops Syntrax Nectar Protein Powder Chocolate Truffle
- 1 c. chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconu
- 2 Tbls. Sugar-free DaVinci almond syrup (or SF vanilla, or SF coconut)
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe dish and microwave 1 min. Do not overheat! Remove from oven and stir until completely melted.
- Add Stevia and cream and stir until incorporated.
- Add protein powder, almonds, coconut and stir well.
- Add the syrup and mix thoroughly. The “dough” will become stiff and you may have to knead it with your hands.
- Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Chill until firm. Cut into 6 large bars. Keep refrigerated or store in zip-lock bags and freeze.
Nutrition information: 273 calories, 18 grams protein, 8 grams carbohydrates, and 21 grams fat per bar
_*_Stevia is from a plant just like sugar is. However, it is low calorie and doesn’t adversely affect blood glucose levels like sugar does. Plus, it is not chemical-laden like Splenda or Equal sugar substitutes.
See other recipes in my collection! Simple use the search bar in obesity, located in the top right of this page, and type in the words “bariatric recipe.” My recipes should pop to the top of your results list!
I am sharing my wonderful recipe make-overs with you that have helped me to be successful in maintaining my weight loss from bariatric surgery in 2003. These include delicious protein shakes - some of which taste even better than the delicious fat and sugger ladden Frappucinos at Starbucks,** protein bars** that are far more healthy and affordable than those you buy online/in-store, and awesome** recipe-makeovers of foods you love** but are no longer part of a bariatric life food plan.
I grew from fit to fat and became a processed food junkie and couch potato with diabetes, celiac disease, depression, acid reflux, asthma, and hypertension. I was in my 30s, morbidly obese and on ~10 prescription medications. Since 2003 I’ve maintained massive weight loss from gastric bypass surgery and remain free from 9 of the 10 prescriptions. Then in 2013 I underwent body contouring and facial plastic surgeries to remove the last traces of my former obesity. Nowadays I am committed to supporting the online patient community with outstanding resources and by sharing my long-term success in defeating obesity and obesity-related illnesses. Today, I’m a size small (down from a size 24W) and living larger than ever!