The American Headache Society, the American Migraine Foundation, and the American Headache and Migraine Association have issued a call for entries for their second annual Migraine Moment contest. The contest is meant "convey many powerful and complex ideas about migraine and people with migraine – the pain and burden of course, but also the struggles and triumphs in finding relief and help from treatments and doctors, family and friends."
Entries can be in the form of video, music videos, animation, simulations and visualizations. The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada. However, the Contest is void where prohibited by law.
To qualify for the Contest, each submission must:
- be a complete finished work,
- be uploaded at final resolution at time of entry, and
- video and audio content must be your own.
General contest guidelines:
- Films shall be no more than five minutes in length.
- Films can be works of fiction, animation, or documentary in content.
- Films must meet the Official Contest Rules/
- Winners must grant the Sponsor a perpetual royalty-free worldwide license to publish/display submitted video content on any of Sponsor’s websites or social media accounts.
- Contestants will retain all other rights to their work.
- First place will receive $2,500.
- Second place will receive $1,000.
- Third place will receive $500.
- Additionally, the contestant submitting the “best picture” will be awarded travel/hotel to the Westin Boston Waterfront in Boston, Mass., to present their work on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 9:00 a.m., during the American Headache Society’s 59th Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
For technical guidelines, information about how to enter the contest, and other information, please visit the American Migraine Foundation web site. You can also view the top three videos from last year on the American Migraine Foundation site.
Submissions must be uploaded by 11:59:00 p.m., eastern daylight time, on Friday, March 31, 2017. Winners will be announced on or about May 1, 2017.
Here's a video about the contest:Please give serious consideration to harnessing your creativity and entering the second annual Migraine Moment Contest. These videos are a spectacular tool for raising public awareness about migraine disease and for fighting the social stigma associated with migraine. I'll be in Boston for the conference where the winning films will be shown, and that day's my birthday. I'd love for one of our readers to be the winner so I could meet them on my birthday. Good luck to everyone who enters* * *Sources:[Migraine Moment Contest](https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/news/2nd-annual-migraine-moment-short-film-contest/). AmericanMigraineFoundation.org. January, 2017.