Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate is a great tasting protein powder that delivers on nutrition. It is, in fact, one of my top two choices in protein powders - the other being Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard. According to si03, the manufacturer of Syntrax Nectar, it is embraced by those in the bariatric community who require daily supplementation of high-quality protein.
Great Tasting Protein Powder
Syntrax Nectar protein is available in a variety of fruit juice and tea flavors and a welcome diversion from vanilla and chocolate shake-type protein drinks. Syntrax Nectar mixes easily in water and I enjoy bottling it and keeping it on hand - or taking it on the go - instead of spending a whole lot of money on vitamin-type waters that aren’t so healthy. And as I aim to drink 80-ounces of water a day, Syntrax Nectar makes my "plain" water full of flavor.
Syntrax Nectar is so good that I sometimes make a mock taffy candy from it to satisfy my sweet tooth. Just add a few teaspoons of water to a scoop of Syntrax Nectar and stir. Viola - instant "taffy" that’s low in calories and high in nutrition.
Syntrax Nectar is available in these tasty flavors: Apple Ecstasy, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, and Twisted Cherry.
A Protein Powder that Delivers on Nutrition
Syntrax Nectar has zero carbs and zero fat and delivers 23-grams of protein. Syntrax Nectar is lactose and gluten-free. The key ingredient is Prominaâ„¢ which, according to the manufacturer, is the highest quality whey protein isolate ever developed. Protein isolates are a minimum of 90% protein.
Important Amino Acids per 100 Grams of Syntrax Nectar
Arginine â— 2.4g
*Essential Amino Acids
"¡ Branched-Chain Amino Acids
â— Important Nonessential Amino Acids
Not All Whey Protein is Equal
Whey protein is the soluble fraction of milk protein that accounts for approximately 20% of the total protein content in cow’s milk. On the other hand, casein makes up the other 80% and is the insoluble portion that is used to produce cheese. During cheese-making, the casein fraction is coagulated and precipitated to form cheese, while the whey protein is filtered off to create other products. Those products that contain 90% or more protein are called whey protein isolates. WPIs contain nearly zero fat and zero carbohydrates and are the highest-quality whey protein products in the industry.
Prominaâ„¢ is an undenatured (unaltered from its natural state) and highly soluble WPI that is extremely gentle to the gastrointestinal tract. Prominaâ„¢ is also unmatched in its ability to be mixed in nearly any soft food or beverage without a noticeable change in taste or mouthfeel.
Some manufacturers use gelatin or collagen protein in their protein powders. Produced from the joints and skin of cows and pigs, gelatin is considered by many experts to be one of the worst-quality protein sources approved for human nutrition. A protein product that lists gelatin or collagen as an ingredient should be considered inferior and should not be consumed by those who require a source of high-quality protein.
The best times for supplementing protein are immediately upon rising in the morning, after intense physical activity such as weight training and prior to sleep.
Living life well-fed,** My Bariatric Lifore shareposts from MyBariatricLife on HealthCentral**** Follow MyBariatricLife on Twitter**** Connect with MyBariatricLife on StumbleUpon**** View my Grains Make Me Fat recipe cards on Pinterest**** References:**
Cheryl Ann Borne, writing as My Bariatric Life, is a contributing writer and Paleo recipe developer for HealthCentral’s Obesity Community. Cheryl is an award-winning healthcare communications professional and obesity health advocate who has overcome super obesity and it’s related diseases. She publishes the website MyBariatricLife.org and microblogs on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Cheryl also is writing her first book and working on a second website. Watch her transformational video on Vimeo.