Looking for a gluten-free meal packed full of flavor? This taco salad bowl recipe is one of my favorite celiac-friendly, healthy meals — and it's also a big hit with my kids.
- Gluten-free corn chips (enough for 1 cup per bowl)
- Gluten-free taco seasoning (2 packs)
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey
- 8 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 8 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 8oz can black beans, rinsed
- Avocado, chopped
- Veggies you like and can tolerate (we add shredded carrots and chopped tomatoes, shredded kale, and chopped green and yellow bell peppers)
Cook the turkey: Sautee the turkey, following the directions on the first taco seasoning packet.
Mix the beans in their own bowl with the second taco seasoning packet.
We set out all ingredients in separate bowls so everyone can serve themselves and choose their own favorites. (This solves the issues we have in our house with picky eaters.) I start with a layer of the gluten-free corn chips on the bottom and add the meat, veggies, and/or cheese as you prefer.
Note: Your veggie options are really endless. Be sure to pick what works best with your digestive tract.
See more helpful articles:
Celiac May Be Grossly Underdiagnosed
Celiac vs. Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity: Both Can Cause Immune Response and Damage
Gluten-Free Fad: Helpful or Hurtful for Celiac Patients Eating Out?