Let’s face it: If you have asthma there are certain jobs you should not do because they expose you to your asthma triggers. The good news is there are many jobs that are free from asthma triggers and ideal for asthmatics. These jobs should allow you to work indoors in a controlled atmosphere.
The following is a random list of 36 jobs that are ideal for asthmatics.
- Computer programmer
- Web designer
- Writer/ journalist/ philosopher (but avoid interviewing at another person’s house)
- Respiratory therapists (you’ll learn a ton about your disease)
- X-Ray technitian
- Lab technitian
- Office work/ secretary/ office clerk
- Book keeping
- Pilot/ airplane attendants
- Water/waitress (if smoke-free environment)
- Bartender (if smoke-free environment)
- Researcher/ Statistician (although be leery of sifting through old books)
- Retail store attendants/ clerks/ management
- Taxi/ bus driver (just don’t allow smoking)
- Social work/ psychiatry
- Legal assistant
- Sales person (if at a central location where people come to you or you can make calls)
- Public Relations
- Probation officer
- Computer/ electronics repair
As you can see, there are jobs available for just about any level of education, with a wide array of pay scales to shoot for.
A Registered Respiratory Therapist and asthmatic