Top Multiple Sclerosis Articles of 2018
In 2018, our wonderful team of patient experts — Lisa Emrich, Trevis Gleason, and Jackie Zimmerman — worked with our health writers to bring you the latest news, inspirational stories, and advice on not just managing but thriving with MS.
Please take some time to revisit your favorite articles of the year and discover a few new ones with this review of the top MS articles of 2018.
Thrive with MS: Focus on inspiration, purpose, and self-care
- Create the Right Environment to Thrive With MS
- How I Rebuilt My Self-Confidence After an MS Diagnosis
- Finding Purpose After Medical Retirement With MS
- Finding Joy with MS
- The Flu and MS: Tips to Protect Yourself
Inspirational individuals: Interviews, stories, and profiles
- Building A Fitness Future With MS
- An Interview With Multiple Sclerosis Activist Nancy Davis
- 7 Celebrities Living with Multiple Sclerosis
- How One Woman With MS Ran 7 Marathons on 7 Continents in One Year
- A Year With Medical Marijuana for MS
Support systems: How to offer, seek, and accept support
- The Best Ways To Support Your Friend Living With MS
- Sure, It's Not Cancer, But I'm Still Sick
- 9 Ways to Find Support for MS in Rural Communities
- Accepting Help Around the House With MS
Living with MS: Self-advocacy, emotional health, and self-care
- The Only Resolution You Need to Make
- Build Your Very Own MS Resource Library
- Facing Depression and Anxiety With MS
- Does Optimism Help or Hurt MS?
- 5 Ways Your MS Can Benefit From Nature
Living with MS: Financial, legal, and social matters
- Are You Still Working With Chronic Illness? Should You Be?
- MS Puts Legal Concerns in the Fast Lane
- The MS Generation Gap: How It Affects You
- Is MS Different for a Man Than a Woman?
Lifestyle tips for home, mobility, safety, and fun
- 5 Kitchen Tips From a Chef With MS
- MS Safety Tips for the Shower
- Choosing Mobility Aids for Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Multiple Sclerosis in Fall and Winter
- Stay Safe and Have Fun by the Pool With MS
Travel tips: Logistics, security, and confident conversation
- 11 Tips for Traveling With MS
- Tips to Speed Through Airport Security With MS
- Living With MS: Survival Tips for Your Big Event
Doctors, testing, and diagnosis: What you need to know
- Tips for Finding the Right MS Doc
- A Letter to Neurologists from an MS patient
- 8 Tips for Surviving an MRI
- What Is Clinically Isolated Syndrome?
MS research: Brain health, clinical trials, and progressive MS
- Why Is Brain Health and Preservation a Must for MS?
- Exercise for MS: Working Out More Than Your Body
- MS Drug Efficacy Drops as Patients Age
- Why Participating in an MS Research Study Is Important
- Drug for Progressive MS Shows Promise in Clinical Trials
MS medications: Switching treatments, infused therapies, and all about Ocrevus
- Switching MS Medications: What You Need to Know
- Four MS Infusion Options and How to Prepare for Them
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Ocrevus Infusion
- Why I’m Not Considering Ocrevus
- What You Need to Know About Ocrevus for PPMS
Living with MS: Managing symptoms, relapses, and comorbidity
- What to Do When Your MS Warning Alarm Sounds
- Hypersensitivity With MS: The Flip Side of Numbness
- 6 Yoga Poses to Help With MS
- What Ways Can You Reduce Sensory Overload With MS?
- Comorbidity and Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need to Know
As we look forward to 2019, we invite you to live BOLD, live NOW, and be empowered to take control of your health. Check out our doctor visit prep toolbox and the relapsing multiple sclerosis magazine. Please join us in our MS HealthCentral Facebook community and follow us on Twitter @MSHealthCentral.