Can A Woman Get A Penile Implant?


Asked by lynn

Can A Woman Get A Penile Implant?

I'm a woman who wants to transition to becoming a man. I am wondering if it's possible for me to get a penile implant so that I can experience sex with my partner as a man.


There are transgender surgical specialists such as Dr. Gary Alter at Cedar Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles who do sex reassignment surgery. You might try contacting him through the surgery department there to get some more information.  I do know that many people who transition from female to male find ways to have a penis constructed for them, but a doctor who specializes in sex reassignment procedures will be your best source of specific information.

Here are some links you might find useful:

Overview of Surgical Phalloplasty: Female to Male

Sex Reassignment Surgery (Female to Male)

Here's How Sex Reassignment Surgery Works

Answered by Amy Hendel, P.A.