Question 2 of 5
Once your medical team has determined that you have IDC, they'll want to ascertain if it has spread and, if so, how far. The way to determine this is:
- AX-rays to reveal other 'hot spots' in your body.
- BA blood test. Cancer cells in your blood are a sign that the cancer has spread.
- CThe specific characteristics of the tumor, which the pathologist can determine under a microscope.
- DRemoving and testing one or more of the lymph nodes in your armpit.
- EThere is no good way to tell if the cancer has spread.