Avocado-Egg Salad Toast
Give your eggs an extra dose of inflammation-fighting omega-3s.
Avocados can help replace the potassium lost during UC flare-induced bouts of diarrhea. And this is one time when you want to actually choose white over whole-wheat bread: It's lower in fiber and easier to digest. Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 slices white sourdough bread, toasted
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop flesh from skin, and place in a bowl; thoroughly mash with a fork. Stir in diced eggs, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly onto each slice of toasted bread. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired.