Cherry Almond-Butter Bars
These protein-and-fiber-packed bars beat packaged ones every day of the week.
Who knew you could get a calcium boost from almonds and pecans? That's a big plus for people with UC, who often run low on the mineral. These bars also offer heart-healthy fats and dietary fiber. That's what we call a well-rounded snack! Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- ¾ cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped dried cherries
- ⅓ cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and egg white in a large bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in oats, cherries, and pistachios, and transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Use a spatula to press mixture firmly into pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, 20 to 22 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan using parchment paper. Place on a cutting board and slice into 10 bars.