Dairy-free, healthy fats, and a dessert you can feel awesome about.
When you're in the middle of a UC flare, you deserve dessert! It's bonafide self-care. This healthy twist on mousse incorporates nutrient-dense and easy-to-tolerate avocado, which also happens to be a great source of potassium. Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- ¼ cup regular unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. dark baking cocoa
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cashew milk (or unsweetened almond, coconut, or soy milk)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients (with the exception of raspberries) in a high-power blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and chill for 1 hour. Divide equally into four bowls; garnish with raspberries, if desired.