Chunky Monkey Chia-Seed Pudding
Chia seeds are considered a superfood for good reason: These little powerhouses have omega-3s, protein, fiber, calcium, and zinc!
Chia seeds are one of the richest plant sources of ALA (an omega-3 fatty acid), which helps fight the inflammation that comes with conditions like ulcerative colitis. Adding banana to the pudding provides prebiotic fiber, which promotes intestinal health. Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- 2 small ripe bananas, divided
- 4 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. cacao nibs
- Place one banana in a bowl and thoroughly mash with a fork. Transfer to a mason jar, and add chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and almond milk. Cover with a lid and shake to combine. Let stand 5 minutes, uncover, and stir with spoon to break up any clumps. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 6 hours.
- Divide chia pudding evenly between each of two bowls. Slice remaining banana and divide between each serving. Garnish each with 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, and 1 Tbsp. cocoa nibs.