Cucumber and Tuna-Salad Sushi Rolls
Stay powered up between meals with a poppable high-protein snack.
When you need something filling that won't hurt, this snack can be a go-to: Cucumber has minimal fiber and a high concentration of water, which makes it easy to digest during a UC flare, and tuna gives you a healthy dose of protein that will keep you satisfied. Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- 1 (3-oz.) pouch wild albacore tuna, drained
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest, plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, halved crosswise
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in bowl; mix well.
- Trim ends off cucumber; save for another use. Slice cucumber halves lengthwise into 10 ⅛-inch-thick ribbons using a mandoline or other manual slicer. Lay slices flat on a cutting board. Spoon 2 tsp. of the tuna mixture towards one end of each cucumber ribbon, about 1 inch from the edge. Fold edge of each cucumber ribbon over tuna and continue to roll into sushi-sized bites.