Total Time25 min
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into cubes (no need to peel)
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (15-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. mild harissa paste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread for serving (optional)
Per serving: 190 calories; 11g fat; 2g saturated fat; 186mg cholesterol; 601mg sodium; 15g carbohydrate; 5g fiber; 10g protein; 7g sugar; 114mg calcium; 4mg iron; 546mg potassium
Step 1Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle eggplant with ¼ tsp. of the salt and place in a colander. Let drain for 15 minutes.
Step 2Heat oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium. Add eggplant; cook 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic and spinach; cook 2 minutes, until spinach wilts and garlic is fragrant. Season with ¼ tsp. salt.
Step 3Stir in tomatoes and harissa; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in half of feta cheese, if using.
Step 4Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season eggs with remaining ¼ tsp. salt, and sprinkle remaining feta cheese over the top. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with bread, if desired.