Peanut Butter-Banana Green Smoothie
Protein, fruit, and a veg? Consider this low-FODMAP smoothie your all-in-one breakfast to go.by Jamie Vespa, R.D. Recipe Developer
Ulcerative colitis can mess with your ability to absorb nutrients. This smoothie helps you get the essentials you need: Spinach is a good source of iron—a mineral at risk for deficiency during UC flares. Bananas can also help replace lost nutrients like potassium, which is important for electrolyte balance. Get the scoop on how we developed our UC Cooking Club recipes!
- 1 medium frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla soymilk
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp. natural salted peanut butter
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a high powder blender; blend until smooth.