Total Time40 min
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups peeled and cubed Russet potato (from 1 large potato)
- 3 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 2 cups lower-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened refrigerated cashew milk (or 1 can light coconut milk)
- 3 cups cooked white rice for serving
- Fresh basil for garnish, if desired
Per serving: 333 calories; 11g fat; 2g saturated fat; 32mg cholesterol; 628mg sodium; 40g carbohydrate; 4g fiber; 17g protein; 3g sugar; 99mg calcium; 3mg iron; 538mg potassium
Step 1Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium. Add curry powder, ginger, and paprika; cook 2 minutes. Stir in potato and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden. Add peanut butter, broth, tomatoes, salt, and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to medium-low and simmer, covered, until potato is tender, about 20 minutes.
Step 2Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add chicken and cashew milk; stir to combine. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Step 3Place ½ cup rice in each of 6 bowls and top with 1 cup curry mixture. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.