What's the Difference Between LDL and HDL?
What Are Triglycerides?
What Are Healthy Cholesterol Levels?
What Impact Does Family History Have?
Can I Still Eat Meat and Dairy?
What About Eggs?
Does Exercise Help Lower My Cholesterol?
When Is Medication Needed?
Is It Too Late to Improve My Cholesterol?
- Cholesterol Numbers: Harvard Health. (2020.) “Making Sense of Cholesterol Tests.” health.harvard.edu/heart-health/making-sense-of-cholesterol-tests
- LDL and Heart Attacks: Nanomedical Research Laboratory, Ohio University. (2019). “Variable Effects Of LDL Subclasses Of Cholesterol On Endothelial Nitric Oxide/Peroxynitrite Balance – The Risks And Clinical Implications For Cardiovascular Disease.” dovepress.com/variable-effects-of-ldl-subclasses-of-cholesterol-on-endothelial-nitri-peer-reviewed-article-IJN
- Fiber to Lower Cholesterol: National Lipid Association. (n.d.) “Adding Soluble Fiber to Lower Your Cholesterol.” lipid.org/sites/default/files/adding_soluble_fiber_final_0.pdf
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Mayo Clinic. (2018.) “Cholesterol: Top Foods to Improve Your Numbers.” mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/in-depth/cholesterol/art-20045192
- Grass-Fed vs. Grain-Fed Beef: Meat Science. (2013). “Impact of grass/forage feeding versus grain finishing on beef nutrients and sensory quality: The U.S. experience.” sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0309174013004944?via%3Dihub#s0070
- Eggs: The Heart Foundation. (n.d.) “Eggs.” heartfoundation.org.au/healthy-eating/food-and-nutrition/protein-foods/eggs
- Dairy: The American Heart Association. (n.d.) “Dairy Products: Milk, Yogurt, and Cheese.” heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/nutrition-basics/dairy-products-milk-yogurt-and-cheese
- Soy and LDL: The Journal of Nutrition. (2019.) “A Meta-Analysis of 46 Studies Identified by the FDA Demonstrates that Soy Protein Decreases Circulating LDL and Total Cholesterol Concentrations in Adults.” aacademic.oup.com/jn/article-abstract/149/6/968/5475972?redirectedFrom=fulltext
- Exercise Recommendations: American Heart Association. (2018). “American Heart Association Recommendations for Physical Activity in Adults and Kids.” heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/aha-recs-for-physical-activity-in-adults
- Exercise and Eating: International Journal of Obesity. (2018.) “The influence of 15-week exercise training on dietary patterns among young adults.” nature.com/articles/s41366-018-0299-3.epdf