What is a silent stroke?
So what are the other types of stroke?
What causes a silent stroke?
How common is silent stroke?
How long, exactly, before silent strokes do real damage?
Do blood thinners prevent silent stroke?
How else can I protect myself from having a silent stroke?
What can I do in addition to taking my prescribed medications?
- AFib and Silent Stroke: Annals of Internal Medicine. (2014). “Association Between Atrial Fibrillation and Silent Cerebral Infarctions: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.” ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5578742/
- Silent Stroke-Related Brain Damage: Harvard Medical School. (2012). “Could a silent stroke erode your memory?” health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/could-a-silent-stroke-erode-your-memory
- Silent Stroke, AFib, and Cognitive Impairment: Heart Rhythm. (2018). “European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)/Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)/Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS)/Latin American Heart Rhythm Society (LAHRS) expert consensus on arrhythmias and cognitive function: what is the best practice?” heartrhythmjournal.com/article/S1547-5271%2818%2930203-0/fulltext
- Stroke Prevention (1): Stroke. (2016). “Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Silent Cerebrovascular Disease: A Scientific Statement for Healthcare Professionals From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.” ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/STR.0000000000000116
- Stroke Prevention (2): Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2020). “Preventing Stroke: Healthy Living.” cdc.gov/stroke/healthy_living.htm