This is a special calculator for women to help them find their risk of heart disease, based on waist-hip ratio and waist measurement.
Calculate Your Waist-Hip Ratio
Breathe and relax. It doesn't matter if you are standing or seated. With a tape measure, measure your waist and your hips and enter their sizes below.
Your waist to hip ratio is
Understanding Your Results
- .72 or below
- You are the standard, and you don't have to worry about heart attacks based on your body shape.
- .72 to .76 and you are under 60
- Your risk is 1.7 times higher than the standard or 70 percent higher.
- .76 to .80
- Your risk is two and a half times higher.
- .80 to .88
- Your risk approaches three times higher.
- More than .88
- Your risk is four and a half times higher.